- EUROSCARF, the EUROpean Saccharomyces Cerevisiae ARchive for Functional analysis, maintains a collection of systematic deletion strains searchable by gene name.
- National Collection of Yeast Cultures (NCYC) maintains over 3,100 non-pathogenic yeasts, including type strains, strains of general interest for education and research, strains of industrial importance, and genetically marked strains.
- Industrial Yeasts Collection DBVPG. The Industrial Yeasts Collection DBVPG, an academic biological resource centre (BRC) specialized in yeasts and yeast-like microorganisms, distributes strains and offers services to the international scientific community and to other private Institutions. DBVPG maintains over 6,000 yeast strains and over 300 yeast-like (Prototheca sp. ) strains.
- Yeast-TAP Fusion Library from Dr. Erin O'Shea and Dr. Jonathan Weissman at UCSF, containing open reading frames (ORFs) tagged with a high-affinity epitope and expressed from their natural chromosomal locations. Hosted by Open Biosystems.
- The Yeast Transposon Insertion Library Collection, derived by using mini-transposons (mTns) to mutagenize a yeast genomic DNA library, is available from the Mike Snyder lab at Stanford University. Please contact Minyi Shi (minyishi at stanford dot edu) with requests.